Friday, September 17, 2010

The stop-start season starts once again

Is it normal for the season to start and stop like it seems to have this season? What's with all the international breaks? Anyway, once again the Premiership kicks off and hopefully we can get a good run.

Stop-start is probably a good way to describe my team too - it still hasn't quite gelled but it's early days yet. What's freaking me out is just how close to me Bhaiya is! Will I face the ignominy of last place next week or will the international break give me a boost?


If my slump continues then Bhaiya will have to change his team name! Hopefully we can get an extra member in our league to boost the numbers soon (and I'm hoping his team is cack!).

It seems that everyone's fantasy teams are mirroring the performance of their respective clubs - Arse are flying high as is Sofwan (nice one!), Spuds are flattering to deceive, Scum are just poop (haha Uma!) and LFC are just on the cusp of rebounding to greatness (WOO!).

No awards this week but I'm hoping to give Liverpool a 'Best Team of the Week' award on their upcoming performance this Sunday - COME ON LFC!

I leave this post with one mysterious question: what happened to the post that Nadhir put up on his FB account when Spuds were 2-0 up midweek??? Nads, care to enlighten us?

4 comments:

  1. Half my team has some down with major injuries and this 2 free changes per week limit is causing me major grief!!

    This week I'm banking on a clean sheet from Carra and a hat-trick from Stevie G to leapfrog me to middle table mediocrity.

    Hey Nads - how comes ur manager keeps talking about becoming the next England manager??? Good to know Spurs have appointed another manager whose keeps looking forward to his next job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, decided last minute not to get Berbatov........then he decides to get a hat trick doesn't he!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhaiya, it's only ONE free transfer per week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't make a change in one week you get two the following week. Maximum is two though.

    ReplyDelete